Meet Mary Ann
Licensed since 1989, Mary Ann Aronsohn is an experienced, compassionate, easy-to-talk-to therapist. She works with a variety of clients and life situations. She works well with families and couples, adults and adolescents, and knows that doing therapy is truly her life's work.
Ms. Aronsohn holds a certification in Object Relations therapy, which focuses on the client's abilities to attach to others and how that affects relationships with the self and others. Hypnotherapy is another tool that she uses for stress reduction, anxiety work, and exploration. Cognitive-behavioral work can be very helpful for depression and anxiety. Her mediation and collaboration training allow her to help people navigate through separation/divorce more peacefully. She helps co-parents to cooperate more effectively and respectfully.
Mary Ann works in a tranquil, garden-view office space in South Pasadena. She is devoted to helping her clients develop their most authentic selves and live their lives according to their deepest values.
Videos, Articles and Media Coverage
- Larry Mantle of KPCC Radio: Listen to Mary Ann on KPCC-FM on 8/15/13; program called "Till Death do us Part Doesn't Need to Kill You"
- Larry Mantle of KPCC Radio: Listen to Mary Ann on KPCC-FM on 1/24/07; topic about less confrontational alternatives to traditional divorce
- Divorce Coaching: How is it Different from Therapy?
- Collaborative Divorce - Developing Model of the Future (for divorce professionals)
- Stepfamily Life: Hope and Help for Making it Work (Booklet)
- Collaborative Divorce - A Healthier Way
- Collaborative Divorce: You Can Divorce in a Healthier Way
- Cooperative Co-Parenting vs. Parallel Parenting
- Parental Reunification Therapy
- PACT Helps Parents Make Divorces Civil (Reprinted with the kind permission of the Pasadena Star News)
- Stepping into an Extended Family a Challenge (Reprinted with the kind permission of the Pasadena Star News)
Active GAMHPA Member (Glendale Area Mental Health Association)